A Rewarding Job?
Are you interested in employment?
Are you enthusiastic?
Do you have excellent customer service skills?
Do you like to have fun?
Are you outgoing and love to be the center of attention?
Can you drive a 15 passenger bike bus with your feet, while singing cliche songs like “Don’t stop believing” in key and looking good while you do it?
If you answer “Yes”, we want you to apply!
Tour Guide - Captain
- Posted: February 5th, 2019
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Compensation: $25 to $40 Hour
- Hours: Shift
About the Social Station
The Social Station is Appleton’s first and only 16-passenger MegaCycle. Our party bike provides an innovative, eco-friendly transportation alternative for exploring the downtown area while socializing, enjoying the outdoors, sight-seeing, and staying fit. And, we’re hiring for summer and fall.
About the Job
As a tour guide for The Social Station, you will be responsible for taking up to 15 passengers on a 2-hour tour of downtown Appleton. You will also stop at 2-3 bars or local establishments along the way. During the tour, you will be in charge of driving on the pre-determined route and letting passengers off at stops on the tour. Customer safety is a top priority. Other duties include cleaning and maintaining equipment, moving the cycle pub in and out of storage, preparing guests for tours as well as answer any questions clients may have.
- Bike prep
- On-boarding Customers- Loading coolers/riders, safety speech, etc.
- Driving- Responsible for steering, braking (no pedaling for drivers), time management.
- Customer Safety- Ensuring all customers follow safety rules throughout tour, removing passengers when necessary.
- Off-loading- help customers gather belongings and depart, clean bike, return to storage
- Safety oriented- Our #1 priority is customer safety. This requires a confident and strong individual who can enforce rules when necessary.
- Extremely good communication and customer service skills. Its 100% about the customer and providing a fun yet positive experience.
- Passionate about the job and love what we do. We want tour guides who are equally enthusiastic.
- Reliable – In our business, showing up on time is being late. We’re looking for reliable drivers who are accountable and demonstrate good time management skills.
- Available to work nights and weekends.
Driver’s License and clean driving record